Thursday, March 27, 2008

I'm it

Some of my people need to create a blog, because I've been tagged, and I need someone to tag!
The instructions are to write about myself at half my current age. That's 26. Well, and a half, but who's counting?
At 26, I was a stay at home mom, and my little Beki would have been about 3 months old now. We left the lights from the Christmas tree wrapped around the coffee table, because she loved to look at them. She would make the cutest little Ooooooo face at the pretty lights. I'd put her in the bouncy chair so she could see them really well.
Papa felt a little more comfortable with her now, and would help with the changing and feeding. And of course the playing. We had a bottle that was made to hold a jar of baby food. He would first put the food into a pan to heat up, and he'd add spices...salt and pepper, garlic powder, oregano. I'd freak out! I said what the heck! Gerber's takes out the spices to make it healthier! He said if he couldn't eat it he couldn't feed it to his baby. Silly man. When he changed one of 'those' diapers, that we called a pants explosion, he acted like it was going to kill him. He'd hold the diaper way out away from his body, and to clean her off, he held her under the shower! I don't know how Beki lived through us. I would hardly let anybody else tound her. I once gave a man such a mean looks for coming to church with a horrible cold and sitting near me and my baby--he never came back! No wonder Papa called me the old bear!
I loved, loved rocking Beki. At night and every nap. Sometimes we'd sleep together in the recliner. She nursed still, so I was doing all the getting up. For a little over 3 years, Beki was my life, my job. Papa worked and slept alot, because his job at channel 3 in Kalamazoo was an alternating shift thing, sometimes real late. Sometimes real early. So it was me and Bek much of the time. We were best buds.
I'm tagging Bethany and Denise. Step up!

No comments: